Coding Instructor (Code Sensei Apprentice)
Position: Code Sensei Apprentice
Part-Time | Weekdays 3pm-7pm | Weekends 10am-3pm
Who are we?
Code Ninjas, teaching kids how to code. In our center, kids ages 5-14 learn to code in a fun, non-intimidating way – by playing and building video games they love. Kids have blast and can’t wait to come back. Parents are thrilled as their children gain confidence and new skills including coding, math, logic, and problem-solving, as they progress from white to black belt. Our core promise is, Kids have fun, parents see results. We believe in these words so much that it’s written on the walls in our center.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Code Sensei to join our team of dynamic, energetic, forward thinking minds, working toward our common goal: providing a fun and safe learning environment for children. Our coaches are the lifeblood of our Code Ninjas center. This individual oversees the day-to-day coaching and student engagement. Are you experienced in working with children? Do you enjoy teaching and building problem solving skills in young engineering minds? Have you mentored youth? This could be the role for you.
- Engage your students, field their questions or issues
- Create a positive and safe environment in which students can grow
- Work with children to determine skill sets
- Provide feedback to parents after working with student who is on a tour
- Work through curriculum to anticipate and provide guidance to students as necessary
- Follow opening/closing duties daily
- Clean dojo(s) throughout the day to ensure cleanliness is kept up to corporate standards
- Report weekly to Center Manager on progress
- Report daily to Center Manager with respect to day’s activities, efficiency & productivity in the dojo
- Must be able to prove working history with children ages 7 and up
- Experience working with the general public
- Experience in teaching, mentoring or childcare
- Works well with others; collaborates
- Knowledgeable about coding and technology; or sharp enough to quickly pick up the basic concepts
- Must be fun to work with and like working in fast-paced environments where requirements can change frequently
- Coding: 1 years (Desired)
- Teaching: 1 year (Desired)
Hours per week:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Evening shifts