AACE HOME CARE INC.
“Bloom with Us”
CAREGIVER - JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: Staffing Coordinator
As an employee of AACE Home Care Inc., you are responsible for the provision of personal care and assisting in daily living.
· Register on the Home Care Aide Registry or Agency will assist in process, if needed.
· Request for Live Scan
· TB Clearance (Neg TB)/X Rays/Updated Physical
· Statement of Prior Convictions (Criminal Record Statement)
· Valid identification
· Current CPR Card
· Valid Social Security Card/Ability to work in the U.S.
· Satisfactory References
· Up to date Covid vaccinations and boosters or weekly negative Covid test
· Must have understanding of bathing and assistance with activities of daily living (ADL’s).
· Good verbal and written skills.
· Ability to function independently.
· Basic understanding of patients’ rights and grievance procedures.
· Basic knowledge of infection control procedures.
· Ability to recognize when a patient’s condition warrants the notification of a physician, family members or 911.
· Assists with bathing, showering and care of: mouth, skin, hair and nails.
· Assists with safe transfer activities and ambulation techniques.
· Assists with prescribed exercises, which the patient and homecare aide has been taught by a physician or family member.
· Assists with dressing and undressing.
· Communicates with Staffing Coordinator on a regular basis, and notifies of any changes or needs the client may have.
· Keeps daily record notes of client’s care, if requested, and submit to agency for safe record keeping.
· Home Care Aide adheres to Agency’s policies and procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned.